Friday, February 19, 2010

Proud of Doc

Today I drove to Lexington, KY to attend the American Saddlebred Award Luncheon. Doc & I won 2 awards. We were Reserve Champion for Limited Distance and Champion for Competitive Trail. When I got there, I was surprised by an almost life size banner of Doc & I promoting the American Saddlebred in a variety of different sports. What a neat thing to see!

It has been a goal of mine for several years out to try the sports of endurance and competitive trail riding and I finally achieved it in 2009. We did 2 events in each discipline and had a great time. I am looking forward to doing some more rides in 2010 and learning a whole lot more about the sports. My goal for 2010 is to try for the 250 mile endurance award. We already have 60 miles under our belt from 2009, so just 190 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment