Monday, January 25, 2010

No-Knead Parmesan-Herb Focaccia


I have been making bread now for close to 20 years. My love of making my own bread started in college out of financial necessity. I started making all my bread by hand. I can remember that particular recipe (I only had one) made two loaves. The smell of fresh baked bread would fill the hallways and it wouldn't be long before the guys who lived downstairs would come up to "help" me eat one of the loaves. Amazing, that even on my very meager budget at the time of $10/week for food, I was able to share.

Now, I generally use a breadmaker, sometimes for the entire process, but more often just to mix and rise the dough. Today was my first attempt at Focaccia Bread. I found a "Mix It and Forget It" recipe in the February 2009 issue of Eating Well. If the appearance and aromas in my house are any indication, this bread will be fabulous! I also tried out a new Chicken Curry recipe. I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow already!

3 comments:

  1. Wait! No fair! That looks so tasty but...where's the recipe?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to the recipe. But just in case it doesn't work for you, you can search the Eating Well web site.

    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/parmesan_herb_focaccia.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the results are in. The bread was a success! Very yummy and full of flavor. I can't wait to make it again with a different herb. I think the next time, I will go for the fresh herbs. The recipe calls for fresh herbs, but I didn't have any at the time and still wanted to make the bread. The dried Rosemary still had good flavor, but was pretty dried out after baking.

    ReplyDelete